Friday, July 02, 2010

Germany here I come

Well, true to form I wait until the last possible minute to submit my blog entry. I am just bubbling with excitement and can't sleep so I thought I would do this fun (i.e. mandatory) blog post. I am just hoping that all this planning for the weekends pays off at the end. Now I know what my dad has to go through every time our family goes on vacation.

I guess I'll follow the format of Shayna's post and post what I hope to learn from this experience. I honestly just wanted to find out how the students and general culture works over in Germany and all over Europe on our weekend excursions.

I have heard the exact opposite of German food, that it is all pretty tasty, but that may because I enjoy very meaty foods. My grandfather, who knows nothing about Germany, assumed that Germans like horse meat, so I'll have to see if that holds true. Then he went on to say, while we were eating dinner, "You better enjoy your Indian food here, because you won't get anything like this over there." Completely ignoring the fact that I do not enjoy Indian food at all.

I guess it's time to finish up this post because I don't have much more to say, oh and I want to watch the rest of this Modern Family episode.

No comments: