Monday, July 12, 2010

First Weekend

This weekend we went as a group to Amsterdam. It was really fun and great to get to see. It was a lot different than I thought it would be. There were really pretty buildings and areas along the canal. We went to the Van Gogh musuem and it was really nice. I got postcards of my favorite paintings to remember them. We also went to this tulip market. I never knew Holland was famous for its tulips. It was a really neat market with tulips and flowers everywhere.
Amsterdam had more air conditioning than Germany!! A lot of things had AC, which was nice. Their breakfast was really good as well. I think I liked the food a little better in Amsterdam. We ate at an italian place Friday night and had amazing ravioli. We managed to have no problems getting around and had a very smooth trip.
The red light district was....interesting! Something worth looking at once and then never going back haha. There was also a lot of trash everywhere and it was kind of stinky. It was also very crowded due to the soccer game I'm sure. When we were leaving the trains coming in where just packed with fans in orange ready for the game. The girls all left together for the ride home. We had to stop in this lovely town called Venlo. We hope to never go back and will always remember Venlo!
Overall it was a great weekend and so different in Amsterdam than Bonn, even though it isn't that far. I did like it in Amsterdam and considered the weekend a success, but I like Germany better so far.

No comments: