Saturday, December 29, 2007

whoa

We have only been in Germany for three days and already I feel like I have seen so much! Dusseldorf has the "small town appeal" even though last night as we left the Altstadt, some young Germans decided to throw a firecracker in our direction. I really wasnt expecting much from our day trip to Cologne but I had so much fun at the zoo. I know that I will never get a chance to be that close to wild animals again. Being allowed to go where the bear keepers and elephant keepers work was amazing and it made the zoo experience unlike any other. It was ZUPER fun (haha). The Cathedral in Köln was breath-taking. The tour guide was informative even though I felt really rushed the entire tour but it was interesting nonetheless. The lectures today were very interesting especially the second one about the Nazi euthanasia. So far, I have had so much fun with everybody, more than I had expected to in such a short time. Last night when we arrived at the Hbf, we decided to stop to get döners and turkish pizza...thank goodness that a young girl spoke some english or else we would have never been able to eat.

Oh yeah Im excited that I finally learned how to say "excuse me" properly.

No comments: