Monday, December 31, 2007

The Ampelmann

Okay guys,
The first thing that I have to say that I absolutely LOVE about Berlin is the overall fascination of the ampelmann. Admittedly, I already bought a pro east berlin t shirt, lighter, and photographed the little guy. I also think its absolutely hilarious how many bear Ive seen. no, not real ones, but big-small ones. the man of the year is photographed alongside a lovely polar bear. The large brown one on the shopping strip leading to the brandenburg gate in a store called the toy place i have nicknamed Yorick. it is the only name worthy of this honor!!!

All right, another thing I must mention about Dusseldorf now that we have left it is that I personally loved seeing Barbarossas palace. Although we got semi´disoriented in Kaiserwerth, I believe we learned a slew of German words just out of confusion. The walk towards the castle ruins was amazing. we were blessed with lovely weather and the quiet and peacefullness of the Rhine was almost a godly experience. It was uber amazing!!!

I am also completely positive that I had the best bockwurst of my life for less than two euro at the curry post. I love Germany. I also must say that I have enjoyed meeting so many different personalities. Dr. Wasser is also my personal ask jeeves. I believe him to be a true renassiance man.

No comments: