Saturday, December 29, 2007

self excursions have value to...

so the tours have been great and i love rounds of drinks on our program fee is just a great idea. But i must say that today has been a wonderful day. i napped for 3 hours after lectures and awoke at 6. i went to the film museum but they were closed. I then decided to walk up along side the rhine river past the crooked tower. I finally arrived at this huge mosaic on a wall and it was beautiful. It was most definantly an unexpected surprise but a very worthwhile one. I then went back to the mini pizza place recommended to us by Stephanie. It was sweet they make you a minipizza not just a slice fresh when you order it. I met 2 nice Germans who spoke english and they gave me directions to a quite little bar that served great espresso and i read the roy porter book for a little while. The night now ends with me just going to the little shop outside the hotel and carrying the most butchered german conversation with a man for 3 or 4 minutes, he spoke no english... in the end i enjoyed my nacht and i definantly appreciated the practice of german speaking.

No comments: