Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reality setting in...

It's an amazing feeling knowing that I will be in Germany in a week. I have been running around like crazy trying to buy warmer clothes, smaller luggage, and bigger boots! It has been a fun experience though. The first trip to a new place always involves a sense of excitement and anticipation of what is to come. It will be my first trip to Europe-but after all of these shopping adventures, hopefully not my last. My expectations for this trip are simple. I hope to see classic landmarks, learn more about the German culture by being immersed in it, and hopefully, become a more outgoing person. A year ago, I would have never spontaneously decided to go to Germany without fully thinking about it first. But sometimes, the last minute decisions are the best ones. I've also learned a lot of interesting information in class-it supplemented my otherwise dry semester.

No comments: