Sunday, December 16, 2007

10 days

In 10 days, I will be flying from Dallas to Duesseldorf! Can you believe it, how fast the time has gone? Since our first meeting in September, I thought that this day would never come but it snuck up on me. I've been talking to a couple of people that went on the study abroad trip in the summer, and they just keep reassuring me about the fun times we are going to have.

But first, I am so glad that finals are over...and I have loved not doing anything for the past three days. Now that I think about it, I haven't even started packing or preparing anything to pack, which can't be good. When I leave on the 26th, it will be my first time to fly alone. And unfortunately, I have been on longer flights than this one to Europe. When I fly to Taiwan, it's about a 16 hour flight from Houston. I'm nervous but at least I'll see Brandon in Detroit and we'll be on the same flight to Duesseldorf! I love airports for some reason. Mostly though, I like to people-watch and where better to do that than an airport where people from all over the world are flying in and out of. I am excited. So excited. I really can't think of another word to use besides excited at this point (my brain stops functioning during the breaks that we get). Sitting here, I'm beginning to freak myself out about all the things that I still need to do...

No comments: