Monday, December 24, 2007

Exhaustion

With the trip to Germany drawing near, I find myself experiencing none of the emotions and anticipations that I had when I initially registered for the program. Originally I was excited about this experience and this trip, and the material and coursework we did the past semester sustained my excitement and increased my enthusiasm. I have always enjoyed experiencing different cultures, and I have been looking forward to the chance to experience European culture and environment in Germany.

However, I have been exhausted by finals and the holiday season. Now, I am just ready to go. I don’t feel as excited as I once did, and I regret not having more time to learn more about German culture, history, and their language before our course begins. Yet, my sentiments may only be due to the length of the last semester and this holiday season. I expect that my excitement and enthusiasm will come back on the flight over.

No comments: