Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Program Tours in Berlin

Talk about fun. We visited the Charite teaching hospital where we go to practice intubating a dummy, admittedly I failed twice, both of my attempts at getting the trachea tube into the trachea failed miserably with it ending up the Dummy’s stomach.
We visited the Otto Bock Science Center where we were taken on an interactive tour of the facility. I was astounded by the kinds of procedures that are now possible. For example, people can now have operations done so that they can control a prosthetic arm with the use of their actual nerve impulses. How amazing is that, it really makes me wonder if we can do these kinds of procedure now, how will this technology evolve in the future? I t seems to me like the possibilities are endless.

The Museum of Hygiene (LOL) great place to visit, very modern and extremely interactive. I recommend it for sure. We had a mini assignment where we had to introduce our room to the rest of the group. I was partnered with Paul and we chose to further describe the glass cow and the giant tongue among other objects. This was highly entertaining and a fun way to learn, I really enjoyed it.

We visited the Robert Koch institute, although not my favorite museum it was truly fascinating being in a place dedicated to a person who has done so much for society and the scientific world.
Jan 7, 2011

No comments: