Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Duderstadt Otto Bock

We had an amazing tour of the main Otto Bock facility in Duderstadt! The hospitality we were shown was amazing, the building was so high tech I felt like we were in a sci fi movie. I think my favorite room of the whole facility was their storage and shipping room. The technology being used to run the whole operation was just mind boggling. It was all computerized to the point where the system even does an analysis of the items most needed and arranges the whole storage facility in such a way that will make things go faster the next morning.

But still this room doesn’t top their medical advances in prosthetics. I still can’t believe that they have found a way for people to be able to operate a prosthetic limb using the remnants of their nerves. Advances like these only make me wonder all the more what the future has in store for people and technology.
Jan 10, 2011

No comments: