Saturday, January 22, 2011

Catacombs in St. Stephens Cathedral in Vienna

I was truly scared. Just the thought that I was seeing the bones of people who had died gruesome deaths by the “pest” (black plague) was enough to make me not want to go down and see the remains. At first it wasn’t so bad, but soon the corridor got dark, gloomy, and cold. That’s when I really didn’t want to be down in the catacombs anymore I was really scared!! I think Luis might have noticed and he was nice enough to lag behind with me. I think it’s obvious but let me just make it clear, I’ve seen enough catacombs to last me a life time, so I’m going to make a note of it not to see anymore!!

On the flip side, later that day we went to an amazing cake house where I had hot chocolate and chocolate cake with caramelized sugar. It was so Yummy!!! That really put a smile back on my face.

No comments: