Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back in the USA!!

I cannot believe that the trip is over. It seems like just yesterday I was pulling into George Bush International Airport mentally preparing myself for my first plane ride. Now I’m an expert. I never would have guessed that I would have enjoyed Germany so much. I knew that I would like, but since I hate the cold I never expected to love it that much. In our first orientation meeting Dr. Wasser said that he always has trouble forcing the students to go back home. Six months ago, I just rolled my eyes and said to myself, “not me Dr. Wasser I love Texas, it’s going to be way too cold over there for me.” Now I know that he was right. Three weeks seems like a long time, but the time just flew by.

Over the past three weeks I became very close to many wonderful people, met people from all over the world, gained many once in a lifetime experiences, and learned how to speak enough German to ask if there is a skunk and the Potato Main Station. (OK maybe I learned a little bit more than that.) There were so many beautiful things that we saw, and so much knowledge that we gained. I am finding it very hard to explain everything to my friends and family. Every time I explain something I feel like I am not giving it justice. You have to see it with your own eyes, feel it with your own hands, and hear it with your own ears to fully understand the experiences that we shared.

Well now it is time to come back down to real life. No longer am I spending “Monopoly money.” It is time to go back to school, work on applications, and study for the MCAT. I am very grateful for all the time that everyone spent on the program. Even though we had a few hic-ups here and there, I think the program was perfect. I could not have asked for anything more. I will remember all the crazy things we did together, all the museums, tours, and walk throughs, all the hospital visits, and even the lectures for a very long time.

No comments: