Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So long Nills... and Pillow talk with Wasser (Blog 8)

So long Nills...

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011

Tonight was an interesting night. It was filled was some bittersweet emotions. It was our last night with our AIB comrade and tour guide Nills. Its crazy, we walked the streets of Germany with him for two and half weeks and I am mourning our departure. I will miss his wellspring of knowledge, sense of humor, taste for good German brew and our conversing over a smoke. We ended the night before his train ride with a great meal and good fellowship.

Michael and I split a spinach tortellini and combo basket giving us a taste of the restaurants broad spectrum of foods. After eating we both agreed it was the best choice. We ended the night by saying peace to Nills (sad day) and scurrying off to our next big adventure, the night train!

Pillow talk with Wasser...

The night train was an interesting experience. Supposedly we were the first team to take a night train. I give it a thumbs up. It is about a two hour flight to Vienna, but with showing up to the airport two hours early, and all the hassle with flying, a night train was a good option. It was kind of a pain to load all of our bags into the train and get situated, but it was a lot of fun piling in like a big family into a 6 bed compartment. Michael, Gus, Vazanny, Sarah, Dr. Wasser and myself were in a cab together. We loaded all of our stuff up and got in our pajamas. One thing that stunk was when I went to change and brush my teeth in the bathroom I put my clothes in the sink. This was dumb because the sink (as ancient as the train was) had a motion sensor on it. Since my clothes were packed in there pretty tight, water was just filling them up as I obliviously brushed my teeth. I ended up having to drape two layers of clothes across the rail outside our room to dry =ß. After that we had pillow talk with Dr. Wasser, which was fun and personal. Quite enjoyable and an experience that complimented the trip well. We awoke to a good two roll breakfast, coffee, and funny Austrian German accents.

No comments: