Friday, December 31, 2010

Week One

A whole week has almost gone by, I don't even know where to start. Everyday is filled with new and exiting adventures. The city of Bonn was amazing, everybody walks so fast, I was completly thrown off guard, I was terrified of being mowed down! Ok, so maybe I'm exagerating a bit. Durnig the tour of the citz it was so so cold, but luckly i bought a big enough jacket. Yay! The underground subway system was intimidating at first but I soon realized that it was extremelz convinient and easy to use. We saw beautiful cathedrals in Bonn and Koln, I couldn't help but feel small but at the same time amazed at the architecture and attetntion to detail. We went to 3 different museums each uniqe and facanating. We saw how the science of anasthesia evolved over the years. How the pas has influenced the current Germany, and we had a scavenger hunt for artifacts in the Museum of Roman and German History for artifacts that may have been used for medicial puposes in ancient time. I personaly had lots of fun doing this, I almost felt like a child, but in a good way!!!
My favorite experience this far has been being able to shadow doctors at the teaching hospital in Bonn. I got to see a leak in the dura matter of a patient sealed with the use a laproscope, cadaver dura matter and fibrin. The doctor was also extremly kind, he took the time to explain everything he was doing. This was definitely one of the many highlights of my week.

No comments: