Saturday, December 25, 2010

Germany: The Best Christmas Present I Could Ask For (besides a monkey)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany is upon us and I should probably start packing. I have had a good time back home and hope everyone else has too! I am so excited to see Germany and the rest of Europe. Although I have had extensive travels outside of the United States, I have never actually been to Europe. I, along with several people from the program, will be traveling to Prague and Copenhagen during the free weekends. Definitely cannot wait to stay in the hostels and truly experience what it is like to be a traveler. Of course there is so much I am looking forward to doing.

First of all, I am most excited about the beer!! I have been trying different types of imported German beer; however they probably still do not live up to the drinks we’ll taste when we’re there. And my mouth is already watering thinking of all the delicious food we’ll get to eat!! I am also excited about scaring Kelli on the plane because I know it is her first plane ride =)… but of course it’s all fun and games. I will also be meeting a friend from elementary school, whom I have not seen in 10 years, while in Bonn. Luckily, he is a native Germany and has offered to show us around town (and of course, “go out for a pint”).

Most importantly though, I am excited to expand my knowledge in the biomedical engineering field. Of course, observing an open heart surgery will be fascinating, as well as touring the prosthetic manufacturing company. I have full faith in Dr. Wasser providing a unique experience we could never fulfill anywhere else.

Anyways, I am sure I will see almost everyone at the airport and definitely cannot wait to spend the next 3 weeks with everyone!!!

-Nathan Poon

No comments: