Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ahhh! Am I really leaving for Germany today... (Blog 1)

Sunday, December 26th, 2010

To blog about the pre-departure is difficult because things have been so busy and hectic with finals and Christmas. My girlfriend is going to India on Christmas day and the rush to see family and her off kept my anxious excitement about the trip to a subtle buzz. I did feel like the pre-departure meetings kept things moving along well for me before the trip. I had such a busy semester that without them I probably wouldn’t have done too well trying to figure all the stuff out by myself. So coming into the trip I felt logistically well prepared but due to frenzy emotionally and physically I was just rolling with the punches.

Things that I am excited about for the trip include: the exceptionally snowy winter Europe is having, getting to see the beauty and history of Germany, as well as Prague and Vienna. Plus, there are some deaf churches in Prague that I just learned about and my Church organization has a few churches in Germany that I want to check out on my free weekend. Also, to see what all the hype about Germany beer is about is a perk. I am really stoked about my buddy Daniel going too, I didn’t know he was going when I signed up and think it’s pretty sweet coincidental circumstances. Whoop providence =]

No comments: