Monday, July 28, 2014

Lets Go to the Beach

After a long week and a half of traveling across Austria and Germany, Norderney was the perfect way to end the trip. We were able to relax and enjoy the warm weather for three days while on the island. I can now say that I have swam in the North Sea, been given a spa treatment with mud, and have eaten the coastal shrimp (called krabben in German). 


Before this trip, I had no idea that Germany even had islands. Now I would love to go back to them! What I loved most about the island was the our time spent at a bade haus. This bath house is similar to a spa in America, with many differences. 

The bath house offers treatment for many types of health problems.  In Germany you can even be given a prescription to come receive different types of therapy. We were given access to all of the baths, as well as to a treatment using the mud that comes from the island. The baths are all salt water from the ocean to help draw out the toxins in your body. A bath here is what we think of as a salt water pool or hot tub. There was a hot bath, cold bath, extra salty bath, family friendly bath with a slide, baths with massaging jets, and saunas. Being able to relax was something I am very grateful for. I also received a treatment with the mud in which I put the mud on my body and sat in a type of sauna while it sweated off of me. It was an interesting experience but it left my skin feeling smooth and my body rejuvenated.



No comments: