Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Week Already?

It feels like I was just blogging yesterday. The last week has very quickly flown by, and what a week it has been. Monday set the standards pretty high to begin. While visiting the cardiology department of the MHH in Hannover, I was quite intrigued by the techniques and experiences related to heart surgeries and transplants. I have never found much interest in any form of surgery, but this visit made me want to learn more. I feel like that was somewhat of a theme for the week. I greatly enjoyed each and every aspect and found myself developing a deeper passion for medicine with each passing day.

Aggies forming a pyramid on the beaches of Norderney!
I really loved the time spent in Norderney. It was the perfect combination of learning and relaxing. While researching for the group project, I discovered a great deal about the island and its healing baths. I thought it was so absurd that we had to pay tax for the air and that doctors literally write a prescription to visit a spa. However, I am certainly not complaining. The baths were more refreshing than I could have imagined. I would love to have stayed for weeks!

Rebecca, Amy, Emily, and I in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Lastly, I had an absolutely fantastic time in Paris during our free weekend! The entire weekend was full of fun and excitement. I quickly fell in love with the city. From the Notre Dame to the Arc de Triumph and everything in between, this weekend contained some of my favorite activities yet. I really enjoyed the Museum d'Orsay and how many of the pieces were of real everyday life, things I could understand and relate to. Additionally, I crossed one more thing off my bucket list by adding a lock to a Love Lock Bridge in Paris. Lastly, the girls and I just happened to stumble upon the Tour de France as it came to a finish today. We were attempting to go somewhere completely different, but closed metro rails and loud police offices dumped us on a street full of people cheering and flags waving. There was so much excitement as the cyclist rode by! All in all, Paris was pretty great! It is a beautiful city that far surpassed anything I could have imagined. It feels like the weeks just keep getting better and better, so I cannot wait to see what still lies ahead.

Throwing my key into the Seine River in Paris after locking a lock to a Love Lock Bridge.

No comments: