Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Das Ende

Going on this trip completely changed my life. As cliche as that sounds, it is the honest truth. Going into it, I didn’t expect to meet the people I did, experience the things we as a group experienced, and become the person I did because of the program.

The program as a whole was superb. I have absolutely no complaints about the subject matter. Pharmacology has been one of my favorite classes I have taken in college thus far. The History of Medicine course was extremely interesting and I learned a lot of things I had never heard of or considered. 

The fact that we were able to go to different countries every weekend was an amazing experience and it was so much more fun to go with the people on the trip because we were able to form stronger bonds and become better friends. These trips expanded my horizons and my knowledge about the world as a whole. 

Prior to going on the trip, I was the type of person who would not go up to people and talk with them, unless I was good friends with them. I wasn’t the type of person to go out, either. But this trip opened my eyes to all the possibilities that were out there. I don’t really know when the switch happened, but I become a completely different person throughout the trip. I became a better person, and one that I was genuinely excited about showcasing. Without this trip, I wouldn’t be who am I now. 

Ultimately, the Hero’s Journey was exactly what I experienced. I can honestly and whole-heartedly say that I came out of this experience with a new outlook on life and the world. Without this opportunity, I don’t know where I would be or the type of person I would be turning into. The people I met and became friends with will forever hold a dear place in my heart and will always be my “Familie.” I know my journey isn’t complete, both alone and with this new family the trip afforded me. I cannot wait to see where I end up as a result of the lessons and experiences I gained from this program and all the people involved. 

In closing, I want to thank everyone who experienced this trip with me, for without y’all, this trip would not have been what it was. I am so happy to have met each and every one of you and feel as though my life has completely changed for the better as a result. I love and miss y’all daily!



Matthew

No comments: