Monday, December 28, 2009

YIKES and YAY!!!

Wow!! Germany!! I guess that's the first thought that comes to mind. I really don't know what to expect but I know exactly how I feel...anxious. This will be my first time out of the country and I've put so much effort towards preparing for the cold weather and the adventures ahead. The thought of a nine hour flight doesn't exactly excite me and I'm freaking out about transferring from the plane to a train in Frankfurt. I packed a German-English dictionary. I plan on looking up a few common words like 'food', 'bathroom', and 'thank you' so that I don't feel like a total dummy when trying to ask questions.

As of goals...academically, I plan on broading my understanding of medicine within another country than my own. Culturally, I hope to increase my understanding of the German culture and leave with a some knowledge of the German language. As tourist, I plan on taking as many pictures as possible, buying numerous souvenirs, and visiting as many cities as possible. All-in-all, I want to take this experience and use it in my future career as a possible medical doctor, but I also just want to have fun with my fellow classmates. My greatest concern as of now is missing my family and ensuring that I stay in contact with them as much as possible. But besides that, I'm ready for the adventures this trip has to offer.

Oh yeah...and I find out which medical school I matched to on January 6th. Exciting yet scary!! Wish me luck!!

No comments: