Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Preparing for Germany

Looking ahead to this trip I have mixed feelings. While I am clearly really excited, I can't help but be a little nervous. I have never been out of the country and I have rarely traveled within the United States. It should be fairly interesting trying to change flights and finding my way around on my own. This trip will definitely be a learning experience for me, both academically and culturally. The only time that I have ever seen snow was last year in College Station, so I am very excited to hopefully see a lot of snow. Consequently, I have had to go out and get winter clothes specifically for this trip.

I am excited to go to a country with so much history. It will be an interesting change from a fairly young U.S. However, the opportunity to see surgeries is, by far, the thing that I am looking forward to the most. Looking ahead I have no doubt that this trip will fulfill and most likely surpass all my current expectations.

Phillip Patterson

No comments: