Thursday, December 24, 2009

Waiting to Leave

It's Christmas Eve and my head is filled with excitement and anticipation of, not Christmas, but the 27th of December. Three days from now, I fly out of Texas and head to Germany. I'm both extremely excited and nervous at the thought of the journey ahead. I'm worried about the regular ordeals of long distance trips like getting lost, not packing enough or the right kind of clothes, or coming down with some weird disease while I'm half way across the world. The overwhelming sense of anticipation of all the new experiences I will encounter while in Germany hides any fear or lingering anxieties. I can't wait to be in a place so rich in history and culture. I know I will learn a vast amount of knowledge about the world and its medicine while on the trip, but I also hope to grasp a greater understanding of myself. I hope to meet many new people and learn from them as well. I have tried to brush up on my German in preparation for the trip, but I'm not promising anything too spectacular. I am extremely nervous, yet excited for all the new adventures and experiences that await me in Germany.
Bis Dann!

Jenn King

No comments: