Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Days 1 and 2

Finally after the long plane ride we landed in Frankfut. From there we took a train into Bonn. The train ride in was my first time to be on a train and it was entirely along the Rhine River. The scenery along the river was pretty amazing. Once we finally got settled in we went to a Traditional German restaurant for dinner. I was really tired when I got back to my room, I was hoping that I would be able to sleep, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I started the next day on maybe 3 to 4 hours of sleep. I knew that the very start that it was going to be long day. The day started with a tour of the city of Bonn and then a tour of the German history museum after 1945. The tour guide we had was about the most interesting tour guide I think I have ever had for any kind of tour. After a brief lecture, we got to go Ice skating. I finally got the hang of it again and was able not to fall which is very good.

I went to bed hoping that I would sleep better, but turns out that wasn't the case again. But more on that later. I hope by the end of this trip I will be able to speak a little German.

No comments: