Friday, December 25, 2009

Pre-trip thoughts

Today is Christmas, two days before I leave to Germany for three weeks. I still have not packed everything, and I still have to go fight the day after Christmas shopping mob in order to buy some last minute things that I will need.

As of now I am still deciding on what I am going to read on the flight over there, it seems that I only really read these days when I am on a plane. I am very much looking forward to the trip, I feel that it will be a very significant experience in my life. Its been kind of funny because on these days leading up to the trip people keep asking me what we are learning about on the trip or what are my school work is. I honestly tell them that I don't know, other than what I have read from the itinerary. I am looking forward to being presently surprised at each museum, exhibit or medical school.

I am a little nervous about being in another culture for that long. Anytime you go somewhere and don't know the language or the customs, I think it is understandable to be a little hesitant. At the same time I am excited to to another country. I think three weeks is a good amount of time for me. I know I won't get to see everything but I do feel it will be enough to satisfy my curiosity. For once I will I get good use out of my camera, that I got as a graduation present. Overall I think this trip will exceed any expectations that I have for it.

As a side note, for some reason I am extremely excited about going to a zoo and getting to ice skate.

- Nick Bacica

No comments: