Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Fua Gra, Crepes, and the real Paris


 It was quite a journey to get to Paris I left for Cologne at 4:30 in the morning on the train to get to my bus for early check in at 5:30 am although the bus didn't get there till 6:30 am.  After a long 8 hours and something minutes I reached the bus station in Paris as my friend waited for me I surprised her from behind and she was terribly scared because she thought I was pickpocket.  We took a small break at her apartment which was located in quite the interesting "barrio" of Paris.  After leaving our stuff at the apartment she gave me a personal tour of Paris showing me all the sights that are mandated to see while in Paris: The Effiel Tower, the Arch of Triumph, the Sacred Heart, City Hall, and Loue.  One of the dishes that I just had to try since I was in Paris was the famous Fua Gra, I went on a hunt to find a good restaurant I eventually did needless to say I was very dissappointed in the dish.  I guess I had been spoiled by german dishes as far as the size of the portion that I was looking at the Fua Gra with a confuse look it was very delicious but the portion did not suit my ravenous hunger I had at the moment.  After our dinner I went on to aid my friend as assistant pub crawl leader for evening and the rest our evening went pretty smooth as well as very fun.  The next day we went on to finish my power tour of France by going to the Lou for a few final pictures as well as trying the famous Crepes of Paris, this I was not disappointed in my crepe was Nutella with Banana and that prove to be mighty tasty.  I went on to buy one last souvenir as well as a picture before me and my friend made a mad dash for my bus that was taking off at 3:30 pm good thing I made it with 3 minutes to spare.  Now began my long journey back to Cologne and Bonn, again the bus took about 8 hours to reach Cologne then I went through the hassle of trying to find a train as almost all of them were delayed by a significant amount luckily enough I found a train leaving by sheer luck.  Once I made it to Bonn I was lucky again to jump on the bus going back home as it was just about to take off.  Once I got home I finished my backing and had one last conversation with my beloved host family for one last time before parting for the capital Berlin.  

No comments: