Thursday, June 30, 2011

Already?

Well July sure snuck up pretty fast. Summer just keeps getting shorter and shorter.

I've spent most of my summer working in Lubbock, but all I've been able to focus on is this trip. I spent a lot of my time out there looking up things to do and see on our free weekends, and looking for cheap hostels. After the program, I'm going to Helsinki, and Stockholm, so I still need to figure out how I'm going to spend my time there. I guess that's what the train rides are for. Hopefully I'll be comfortable enough with travelling around Europe by then that I'll be able to go on the rest of my travels without any issues.

Speaking of issues, I've already had my first passport scare. Since I've been out of town all summer, my College Station pile still hasn't been sorted through. It wasn't where I remembered packing it up, so I destroyed the house pulling everything apart to find it. I was starting to think I was going to be stuck here. I'm not usually one to lose anything, so I was convinced it was gone. But, I finally found it, and now I have a big mess to clean up.
I'm not too worried about losing it on the trip, but it will be glued to me the whole time. That was definitely enough stress for one summer.

Now to leave that awful start behind and start on a month long of experiencing new, exciting things and making new friends.
I'm not sure what I'm going to miss over the next month. Obviously, we will all miss family and friends. I'm not a picky eater at all, so I don't think I'll really miss the food here. I'm actually looking forward to the new foods we'll get to try. I'm definitely not going to miss the hot, humid summer. It's 65° in Bonn right now... I don't think I could be more happy about that.
I am definitely excited about just about every aspect of this trip. Maybe a little nervous about meeting my host family, and the weekend travel going smoothly, but overall I know this is going to be one of the best experiences of my life.

I do still have some packing to do, so I'll end with that and see you all in Bonn!

No comments: