Sunday, September 10, 2006

leave it up to me

So, leave it up to me to have the different experience. I don't think that I ever had culture shock going to Germany. I certainly didn't have it coming back either, because I managed to make a visit to the ER and get into a splint from my knuckles to my shoulder within a few days of returning. Thus, I spent plenty of time with my mom and the TV. My brother and I also probably played more Mario Kart in those two weeks than we had ever played in our lives: that is, as soon as I could move my fingers enough for that. But, that's beside the point. I just always somehow get something different. For example, crazy French cat woman.

I've definitely learned a lot in the past few months - about myself and many others. When people ask me what I liked best about the program, I always say it's the fact that I went somewhere for a month with 23 people I didn't know. I've also learned how to be happy while dealing with certain circumstances. I'm just so surprised at how much I've learned about myself. I'm not going to go into detail because it's not going to mean anything to anybody else.

Well, great... all that time and nothing tangible to show for. Then again, intangible things are probably my favorite any way. So, as I've always said, if I was a camper, I'd be a happy one. (I'm very glad I went!)

No comments: