Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back in school again...and missing Germany

I have so many memories from Europe that none of my friends here can understand. I show them pictures, and they say "that looks like fun." But they just don't get it. I can honestly say that I was shocked by certain European habits when I got over there in June, but just the same I was shocked when I came back to the U.S. I was ready to come home because I missed my family and friends, but I miss Europe already.

The 6 weeks I was in Europe gave me a different perspective on life. Somehow I am more patient now, and strangely enough I haven't gotten stressed out since I've been back. Of course, I haven't had any tests yet this semester. ;) But somehow I feel more calm and open to other people's viewpoints. I have already talked up the trip to so many of my friends who want to do a study abroad program. I hope that some of them look into it and actually get to go! Because this was definately an amazing summer.

I haven't seen any of you guys very often, probably because I'm an Exercise Physiology major and we don't have any of the same classes! But I hope we continue to meet up every now and then like we did last week at La Bodega. Because who else is going to understand my stories of getting kicked off trains or going on a class tour of Dusseldorf with Dr. Wasser?

No comments: