Thursday, September 07, 2006

I hate America!

Ok not really, but that has been my saying for the past 2 weeks. I'm convinced that all of the stupid little problems that have been coming my way somehow have to do with me being in america because nothing bad happened in europe. I guess I should attribute it to the fact that I had no responsibility in Europe, and now I have a million things to do, but I like blaming my troubles on America. All I really want to do is hop on a train and go somewhere. I miss the German transportation system (A&M's TS needs to go over there to see how its done). It's definitely different being back home, and I've realized that I can live without a lot of things, such as my cell phone, air conditioning, a credit card, and even Dr. Pepper. I also feel like I've changed a bit as a person. I have more of an understanding and interest in other parts of the world, and I've actually been paying attention to global issues instead of just living in an American "bubble". I miss so much about Europe and I'm already trying to figure out a way to get back over there. I even walked to school the other day because I missed walking around in the heat. The scenery wasn't quite as good as Europe, but it took me back to the good times of walking miles and miles every day. I actually had a dream the other day that everything I loved about Europe was right here in College Station, which I think may have been the best dream ever! All in all, the 5 weeks I spent in Europe was the best experience of my life and I miss everyone so much. I really can't wait to go back there and I hope I see everyone soon! Tchoss!

No comments: