Monday, September 11, 2006

Kellie's return entry

Life as a busy American student has returned in full swing. Buying outrageously priced books, waking up at the crack of dawn for 8AM’s, having a rushed breakfast, studying until the word study makes you nauseous, and all the time remembering the tranquil life I lived in Europe for 5 weeks.

I catch myself in-between hectic moments in my life looking back on pictures and reminiscing about having my breakfast made for me every morning by my awesome host mom or times when I laughed uncontrollably on the long bus rides to cities in Germany. Although the trip wasn’t ages ago, it already feels almost surreal. The pages in my life keep turning, and a climax in one of the chapters was definitely studying abroad in Germany.

Studying abroad during your academic career is an astronomical benefit to your academic career and your perception of culture. I would highly recommend living, traveling, and studying in another country. All the memories you make, the friends you encounter, the lessons you learn far outweigh any cost.

I assure everyone that I will be talking about my study abroad experience for years to come. I will have to emphasize the train ride to Amsterdam and back, the fraternity house, the crazy night in Heildberg, the long bus rides, the hotel room with the over-population of girls, the adventures on the city buses, and of course all the amazing friends I got to know really well over a 5 week period.

No comments: