Monday, September 25, 2006

The German Experience

I had to force myself to find time to write this because this semester has already been hectic. Everytime I think about Germany, which is a lot, I can't help but smile. There are so many good memories that I will never forget and that we can't stop reliving. Being back in the states, its almost like Germany never happened-its so surreal. Like its becoming a glimpse in my memory. Since I didn't know anyone on the trip beforehand, seeing everyone how they truly are is weird too but its cool because when I see them its like we have this strong underlying bond (even if I didn't get to know everyone equally well). I don't think there is a day I go without telling someone about Germany, thinking about Germany, or sharing stories about Germany with Kristen. That's the best part. I think going to Europe I wanted to confirm how independent and responsible I am when I really just clicked with someone else who had it all together (Sarah-our German mom). BUT, being all by myself after the program ended for 4 days definately tested me. I think the funniest thing is when my Mom, who didn't hear from me for awhile b/c my phone died, says "Well, you call me...a couple of times a day!" I guess being over there you see its pretty safe and a lot of young people travel around-especially by themselves. I would do it again in a heartbeat (after making some money). I'm really nervous about getting into Vet School this year and I've been thinking if I don't get in I really want to do an internship at the experimental farm with the "cheeps". I have never really been interested in doing research, but learning more about the embryo transfers and doing my paper on the technique and application really spurred some possibilities in my future. All in all the Germany trip has open my eyes to a world far beyond what I could have ever imagined...and I LOVE IT!

No comments: