Monday, September 11, 2006

Last Blog

Wow, I can’t believe that it has already been over a month since we have been back. I have finally gotten out of the habit of saying Danke and Tschuss to everyone. It was really hard to be back in the U.S. at first. I came off of such a high being on a social hiatus for over a month and having to get back into the swing of things. I would try to tell everyone about all the funny stuff that happened while I was over there and no one understood (or they did, but they didn’t think it was funny which was depressing). Now that I am back in College Station I have gotten to see most people again and reminisce about our German extravaganza. It is almost a support group. Hello, my name is Erin and I studied abroad. I have been telling all my other friends that they have to go to Germany. The country is totally different that anything I could have expected (in a good way). Just knowing that I now have journeyed the German country side puts a smile on my face. There aren’t many people that can say that they went to Germany with 22 of their good friends and experienced all the adventures that we did. I would love to go back. I told our host mom that next time we’re in Düsseldorf I will come and visit her (and hopefully know more German). I plan on learning more of the language for the future. It was so eye opening to go to a place where everyone is bi-lingual. It made me conscious of our culture that expects everyone to speak English. Other than that, I still love salami and gouda cheese, and I can not tell you how many times I have gone to get Mexican food for dinner. I wish everyone luck on this new academic year, and hope to continue to hang out with the study abroad group.

Tschuss Sucker,
Erin Briskie

No comments: