Friday, June 19, 2009

T minus 12 days...

I am both nervous and very excited to go to Germany. I have no idea what it will be like over there, and I am very unprepared! It just hit me that there is less than two weeks until we leave, and I can't beleive it's actually happening. I know that it will be an amazing experience once I'm over there, but I can't help but to get a little anxious before I get there.

I'm especially excited about touring the medical centers and seeing how healthcare works in another country. I really hope we get to see a few surgeries, but I really don't want to do anything stupid, like pass out! I also can't wait to go to the zoo! I have no idea what to expect from the city, I've seen pictures and tried to find some fun places, but I think I won't really know until we get there and get out into the city. We get there on my birthday, so I'm hoping that we can get to know some of the nightlife in Germany starting the third!

I'm really nervous about being in a completely strange city, on a different continent, without my parents. This has never happened before and it's pretty crazy! I'm really excited about meeting my host family, and I wish I could say that they've kindof helped ease some of my anxiety. But they haven't responded to my emails! I emailed them the second I got their information, but still no response. Regardless, I'm incredibly excited to go to Germany and explore the rest of Europe on the weekends!

No comments: