Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pre-Germany Jitters!

I am expecting a lot from this trip to Europe:adventure, excitment, but mostly amazing memories! Everyone keeps telling me to be safe and watch myself while I'm over there but all I can think about are the weekend trips and sight seeing-danger never crossed my mind. However, I am getting nervous-I don't see how I'm going to be able to fit everything into ONE small bag!

My host family seems really nice. We've e-mailed back and forth several times. They have two daughters, 20 and 16, which is going to be nice; since they are so close to our age they will be able to point us in the right direction for fun! My host "dad" is a polymer chemist so we've also talked about his job and how the business world differs in Germany from the US.

I can't wait to get there and learn more about everyone going on the trip. We're all going to have so much fun on the weekend trips that we take and hopefully make some great memories. I am most excited about going to Italy, because I have always wanted to see the Vatican City. Speaking of Italy, my aunt, who used to live in Europe, warned me that we should not sit down at any sandwich shops we may visit in Italy. They charge you TWICE as much if you "take a table" to eat-so if the locals are standing then we stand!

Europe here I come!

No comments: