Thursday, June 25, 2009

One week!

In one week I will be on the fourteen-hour journey to Bonn, Germany.  I’m extremely excited to finally get a chance to visit some of Europe.  I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. The only time I have been out of the country is when I went to Canada and later Mexico with my grandparents.  I know this trip will be an amazing, once in a lifetime experience.

 

There are many emotions that rush into my mind whenever I think about this trip.  I am extremely excited but at the same time I am nervous.  The aspect of this trip that worries me the most is being in a foreign country where I don’t know any of the language.  I am sure everything will be fine but it is scary to think I can’t communicate with people.  Luckily my host mum seems extremely welcoming and willing to try and help me learn some of the German language. I am very eager to learn from her. Secondly, I have never gone and lived with strangers before so this is an area of concern for me.  

 

I am extremely excited for the weekend trips. I have spoken to the other students on the trip and we have created a good plan.  Knowing a rough idea of what we will be doing over the weekends definitely helped settle some of my nerves.  I can’t wait to see places like Amsterdam, Prague, Northern Italy, and France. 

 

Over all I am excited.  I have finished getting everything I need for the trip.  I am in the process of packing.  It will be interesting trying to pack lightly but I am determined to make it happen. I can’t wait to get in Germany and start making memories with some fellow Aggies!

 

No comments: