Tuesday, June 16, 2009

European Escapades

What I'm expecting from summer 2009 abroad: adventure, excitement, new knowledge, real world experience, getting out of my comfort zone, perhaps a few mischevious acts, and much more! This trip is my first time to travel internationally without my parents and I'm beyond excited to see all the places we've planned.

My host family seems very nice, we try to email atleast once a week and talk about life/speaking german/what to expect etc. They even sent me a google earth link to see what their house looks like! I'm excited to meet them and be apart of their daily life. I think our time in Bonn/time spent with the program will be very educational and also eye opening. I'm hoping that Dr. Wasser has secured the Body Worlds outing for our group! I wanted to see body worlds, but then I never got around to it and I missed my chance.

Also its going to be a lot of fun getting to know the rest of the group! The weekends that are planned out for switzerland, praha, france and etc will be lots of fun. Also Sarah, Mark and I are staying a week after the trip and we will be seeing alot of other places too (Budapest, Pompeii, Rome) There are historical places I have been reading about/learning about since I was little, and the chance to see it all now is amazing.

Basically I'm really excited and looking forward to whatever comes my way this summer! (Minus robbers, sketchy people, etc)

No comments: