Monday, June 22, 2009

I don't know if I can wait 9 more days...

9 days and counting...I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday that I was just signing up for this trip. I've been in College Station for the past month taking summer school and each day seems to drag on as I anticipate July 2nd. I haven't been out of the country in 6 years, so for one, I know I'm dreading the plane flight. All I remember from my last plane flight over seas was that I didn't sleep at all. Luckily, Mom's agreed to give me some sleep aids this time around.

I'm most excited about getting to take part in a completely different culture. I'm nervous about living with a host family, but from what I learned from them thus far, it will be amazing. However, I'm sure it will take some getting used to. My host family has a daughter my age and a male "friend" living with my host mother and their "granny." By mistake, I told my host mother that I've been working on my German (aka...audio CDs...I took three years of Spanish, so my German sounds ridiculous) and she was excited to tell me that granny didn't speak any English and she would be great practice for me. hahah I just hope I don't offend her by anything I say.

I'm also excited about seeing the different medical practices in different countries. I've always been interested in working over seas for a couple of years out of college, so I hope this gives me some clarity.

The weekend trips are also something I'm definitely looking forward too. My travel plans as of now consist of Italy, Switzerland, Prague, and more :). I know I'm going to be completely lost and helpless, but we'll all be together so it'll be okay. :) I'm looking forward to coming back with some ridiculous and hilarious stories.

Finally, I'm so excited to not have to worry about anything but the trip while I'm over there. I constantly have a to-do list of things to do right now and it's going to be so nice to completely forget about some of those things. I want to do everything I possibly can during this once in a lifetime trip!

I can't wait! See everyone in Bonn in a little over a week! :) :) :)

No comments: