Monday, May 23, 2022

Intro!!

 I am excited to be able to have experiences in a new country and learning the history while also focusing on medicine. I'm a premedical student so this experience is one that will be very useful for my future career. I'm also excited to immerse myself in the local german culture.

I am nervous about a few things coming into a new country. I can't even begin to imagine being able to navigate all of the buses, trains, and the city of Bonn itself. Driving through the city on the bus today was intimidating enough! I know that with time and support from my host family that I will be able to learn my way around.

I am very excited to be able to practice speaking German. Right now I do not feel  confident enough to speak to a native german speaker, but I know that I just have to put myself out there and not be afraid to try. I know that attempting to speak german, even if I fail, is the only way I can improve my speaking skills.

Overall I am both nervous and excited for this journey to begin, and I can't wait to see where the experiences in the future will take me!

No comments: