Sunday, May 29, 2022

1st week recap!

 Howdy!! Ok so we have officially been here in Bonn for an entire week and I cannot believe it! I feel like it has gone by so quickly already but, at the same time, we have fit so much into just a few days that I cannot wait to see what the rest of trip has in store! At the beginning of the week, we walked around the marketplaces and got to see the amazing architecture and eat some very yummy pasta and gelato :) We went to see the old hunting palace and walk around the botanical gardens which was honestly a highlight of the week for me! After seeing the gardens, we all laid in the grass for about an hour just talking and sitting in the sun and it was just so peaceful! I love that life moves a bit slower here so you get to fully enjoy the time you spend with people! Carly and I took a little trip to Koln one night for dinner and got to see the incredible cathedral there! It was truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and seeing it was a bit of a surreal moment where I was like wow I am just so glad I came on this trip because I would not get to see things like this if I just stayed in my little corner of the world forever! This weekend, we went on a few hiking trips and got to see a replica of an old castle!! So, yeah, overall a very fun first week, I could not be more grateful–sorry for the long rant but here's some pics to show just a glimpse of all we did!

-Halle Hinton






No comments: