Tuesday, August 02, 2016

The journey is coming to an end (almost)

It was our last week in Bonn, and it flew by. Monday was a morning spent in the classroom and that afternoon we visited the anesthesia museum.  This museum experience was unique because the man who started the museum gave us the tour. I could tell how passionate he was about anesthesia and he knew so much. While at the museum it became obvious how much technology and medical advancements are intertwined. For anesthesia it was the advancement in monitors and dosing.  This made me think of all the advancements in dentistry that were possible because of technology. Anesthesia is used in dentistry, but a recent advancement is 3D printing of crowns in the dental office the day of your visit.

 Tuesday we visited the cologne zoo got a tour of the elephant grounds and even got to feed them! This was super cool and everyone took lots of pictures to document the experience. I can't believe that an elephants pregnancy lasts almost 2 years! After that day we had to go to he Haribo factory and buy enough gummy bears to last the next semester practically. I bought ten packages of a variety of different types, which I have to figure out how to transport them home. It's a good thing my dad is meeting me in Berlin and leaving extra room in his bag. I have ate so many while here I think almost all of the packages will be going to my friends.  

Wednesday was one of my highlights of the trip. This was the day of our Rhine cruise. It started in the morning with our trip to the Hildegard museum. For lunch we ate along the river at a winery restaurant and were served a variety of appetizers, and I loved the sweet white wine. After we were all stuffed we went in a Rhine cruise. While on the cruise it was so relaxing and beautiful. I closed my eyes a little, but tried to stay awake to see all the old castles we passed along the way. River cruise ships passed us along the way, and I definitely want to come back as an old lady and take this relaxing cruise trip. We all joked we would have a 50 year study abroad reunion and take a river cruise. 

I can't believe the trip is almost over. It has flown by and I love all the girls so much! I will miss Europe and definitely want to come back again. At the same time, I cannot wait to have Tex Mex, Texas bbq, and some chicken friend steak. I may gain 10 pounds the week I get back because I want to eat all my favorite meals as fast as possible. But, until then I will enjoy my last week in Berlin with these awesome gals! 

It's starting to get bitter sweet,
Megs

No comments: