Monday, August 08, 2016

Goodbye Germany

Unreal. This is the only word I can think of to describe what it feels like to be leaving Germany after three months. Once I finished strategically packing up all my clothes and souvenirs, I giddily jumped into bed. I was so excited to be going home and seeing my loved ones. I finally got settled in and that is when it hit me. I am going to be leaving the place I have called home for the last three months. While being in Germany I have learned so much, not only about the world, but also about myself. The whole reason I decided to do a study abroad trip was because I was really beginning to lose sight of myself, and Germany really helped me find it. It is so bittersweet to be going home. There is so much I haven't experienced yet, or learned and I want to stay forever and hire Dr. Wasser to be my personal museum tour guide so I can know everything.
I'm not one for clichés but.. I know it is not goodbye, it's a see you later, Germany. Thank you for all you have done for me.

No comments: