Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Howdy!

My name is Patrick McGrade I am a junior Biology major.  I have been looking forward to this trip for some time now and it is hard to believe it is finally here.  December 26th has felt like a day that would never get here.

I have always wanted to travel to Europe so I hope this trip will be the first of many for me.  I have been fortunate enough to travel abroad to central american on several medical mission trips but I have never been as far away as Germany.  I have to admit that I am dreading the flight there, I have a feeling I will be cramped in between two very large individuals that will not share the arm rests, but I am sure I will find a way to manage. I have done my best to avoid watching taken over the break to avoid freaking myself out about the trip as well. The only other issue I have run into is packing and how to fit everything in such a small space (something I am sure everyone else has experienced as well).

I think overal this will be a life changing experience and something that will stick with me and help with my global perspective on many issues. I cannot wait to check out all of the sites that we have planned to see and I hope to squeeze in some historical spots as often as possible as I am a bit of a history nerd.  I am also looking forward to enjoying many of the local customs and foods, I think everyone I have told about this trip as told me to be careful with the Germany beer.  I cannot wait to see everyone over in Germany and hope we all have a great time!

No comments: