Sunday, December 23, 2012

3 days to go

 
   It's December 23rd 2012 and for the first time in my life, I will read and contribute to a blog. A few weeks ago, I bought my first set of winter clothes ever. And in three days, I will leave the United States for the first time. I am surprised with all the new experiences I have already had because of this trip to Germany, and I cannot imagine how many more I will gain when I actually get off the plane in Frankfurt. Although I am anxious about all the travel, I am much more excited to be doing something different this winter.

   Currently I am in Tucson, Arizona visiting my family. Although its been fun, and I will miss spending new years with my parents, I am looking forward to having a new experience. I think my biggest concern about the trip is the weather. I was raised in the dessert, and as I write this, it's still 63 degrees outside. I have never been up north, and having to rely completely on other people's advice is difficult. It's not that I don't trust others, it's just that this is a new experience, and I have no idea on what to expect once I get there. My only other concern is in dealing with German people. This is mainly because I don't speak any German, and I am worried about running into some kind of emergency. Everyone who has gone tells me that it is not a problem because so many Germans speak English, but I won't be able to believe that until I experience it myself. Still though these concerns are definitely secondary to the excitement I feel.

   Maybe it's because I don't travel often, but I view this trip as an adventure and am really excited to get going. Even when I get to thinking about all that can go wrong I don't worry to much because, I feel like its going to be a good time. Anyway I look forward to meeting everyone in the next couple of days, and I hope everyone has safe travels.

No comments: