Thursday, September 30, 2010

Im glad my bike did not kill me

July 2 - July 6

Berlin has the most history than any of the other cities we have visited. I wish we could spend A LOT more time here. There is soooo much shopping to do here. The cutest thing I have seen in Europe has to be the little crossing men and women in East Berlin. It seems that I often wish I could spend more time in all of these places. That just means I have to revisit when I come back to Germany. I will definitely go back to Dresden. That city is so beautiful. I really wanted to go into the palace but it was not part of the tour. The museum we visited there was great. Time went by really fast.

The Berlin on bike tour was very exciting and scary at the same time. I was really nervous about riding a bike in the streets. The bike seemed a little big for me but I managed alright.

I finally understand some of the history of Berlin that i was never quite able to grasp. Not until my visit did I really understand what the Berlin Wall was about. We visited several museums, The Topography of Terror Museum, however, had the greatest impact on me.

No comments: