Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dӧner!!!

When I came to post my final blog I realized my last six blogs were not published so I am about to bombard this thing..... sorry!!!!

Vienna Blog - July 12 - 16

It seems that the hottest place in Europe is Vienna! There is no way to cool down. The hotel room offers no relief from the heat. Vienna is a pretty city with lots to see and do. I really enjoyed the operetta; although getting there was neither fun nor easy in heels. But I like that we were all dressed up for this event. The operetta itself was hard to follow at some point, even with the subtitles. The Freud museum and lecture were awesome, but my favorite museums from Vienna have to be the Josephinum and the Narrenturm. I wish we could have spent a little more time there.

The tour of the city was interesting, but it was hard to pay attention because I was hot and tired. All the walking has been hurting my feet. I spent a lot of my free time and money shopping with Kathryn at H&M and other stores.

The best memory I will carry with me from Vienna is the Dӧner. It was here where I first tasted this culinary masterpiece. I like to try new things. I tried a lot of new things in Vienna: goulash, Wiener schnitzel, and some other things at that restaurant where you pay what you want. My second favorite meal in Vienna was a schnitzel I had at the restaurant across the street from the cemetery. I had a rolled schnitzel with a spicy bean filling and breaded with what seemed crushed corn flakes. It was amazing!! The Dӧner takes it all away though. I will never forget my first Dӧner. I would write an ode to the Dӧner if i was poetically gifted.

No comments: