Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bonn

July 27 - 30

I really enjoyed my last week in Bonn. I will be sad to leave the city and my host family. My favorite part of the week, besides the surgery mentioned in the last blog, is the cruise of the Rhine and the trip to the Haus der Geschichte. The museum was awesome. There was so much to see, I wish we could have spent more time there. The trip along the Rhine was very chilly but still fun. I really enjoyed lunch and the wine tasting at the restaurant. I learned my lesson from Vienna and only had a little bit of wine. I did not like all of the wines, only the second one, unfortunately that was not one I could buy. One of my most memorable moments my last week in Bonn was a bike ride with my host mom along the Sieg River and the countryside. At one point we passed by two gentlemen riding horses with cowboy hats. For a moment I thought I was back in Texas.

No comments: