Thursday, July 06, 2023

Week 6

 This was our final week in the program! On Monday we took a cruise down the Rhine, then toured a castle in Braubach. It was really interesting to see a lot of the simulated furniture in the castle from medieval times. On Tuesday, we spent one last evening at the Rheinlust (our favorite beer garden) and our TA and program coordinator even joined us! I am really going to miss these evenings. 

On Wednesday we had class and then had one last meal at Pendel, and almost everyone had to get the Gnocchi Italia because of how delicious it is there!

On Thursday we went to Berlin. We saw the Berlin wall, which surprised me because I didn’t know there was a piece of it still standing. We also saw the Brandenburg gate and the holocaust memorial, among other notable attractions. 

On Friday, we toured the Charité museum, and saw all sorts of preserved specimens that really freaked us out, like tapeworms in the brain EW. Although it rained a lot on this day, we still did a pub crawl in the evening and I met a lot of people from Australia. 

On Saturday, we got to tour a concentration camp, which was very somber. Afterwards we got froyo, and ended the day by going to the farewell dinner, where I danced with a belly dancer!

I am really going to miss the friends I made on this trip, although I am so excited to see them in College Station again. 

No comments: