Thursday, July 06, 2023

Week 06: Berlin and Bonn

 Bonn

It was my last week in Bonn and no matter how I look at it I could never imagine how much I will miss it. I’ll miss the sight of the Rhine River, my host mom, the beautiful sunny, cool weather, the people…all of it. I had no idea that I would fall in love with the experiences that I’ve had on this program as much as I thought I did. 

I would do this a million times over with the same amazing people if given the chance. Thank you Bonn for everything.


Berlin

When I think of Berlin, I imagine the streets filled with people that are blasting techno from their portable speakers while wearing all black and being completely crazy. Instead, Berlin was calm and beautiful in its own way. 

The city was not at all as I expected it to be. Although I knew the war had impacted it greatly, I was still expecting a bit of historical architecture to still lie around. However, what lined the streets were very modern buildings which threw me for a loop just a bit as it had a very American city feel to it.

Berlin was a very fun and exciting city and the things I learned from the walking tour as well as our trip to the holocaust museum expanded my world views in more ways than one.

No comments: