Sunday, July 09, 2023

Week 6: Hello Berlin and Goodbye

 This last week in Germany was one to remember. Saying goodbye to Eva was a little sad. She was a great host mom to have, and I really appreciate the memories we made. The most recent one being at our last outing. We were enjoying a meal when all of a sudden, a pigeon came by and landed on the ledge on top of me, and whatever, you are thinking, yes, yes that is what happened. It was definitely a funny moment and a lasting memory that I am sure I will be telling for a long time. 

Nevertheless, I had to say goodbye to Eva and it was a bittersweet moment. I have had such good talks with her that I'll miss her, but hopefully I'll be able to see her again soon. 

On our way to Berlin, it was a huge feat to get all our luggage to the hotel room up and down the stairs, but we managed, and what an interesting city Berlin is. The amount of history present in the city, from ancient to modern times was incredible. I really enjoyed the walking tour of Berlin. History has always been of interest to me, and our guide did a great job detailing all of the intricate history details of Berlin. Berlin is a wonderful city that I truly enjoyed and am glad that I got to experience. It was also a fantastic place to end our journey. The farewell dinner was full of conversations and joy, and I am truly grateful to everyone I meet. So many amazing people were on this journey with me and I learned so much from them. Everyone will be missed, and I truly hope that we will meet again. 

No comments: