Saturday, July 01, 2023

Week 5

 This week was a lot of travel, we went to Vienna and Prague! Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my host sisters because I would not see them again once I came back from these travel days :( I loved the energy in Vienna so much, and as soon as we got off the train in Austria I felt that the energy there was much more relaxed.

On the first day, we explored the city a little bit. We saw the Stephansdom and a piano player in the square. The next day, we started by meeting Dr. Schnabel and having a tour of Vienna where we learned more about the history of medicine in Vienna. After lunch, we had a tour of a crypt, which I personally found to be the coolest thing that we did. It was very interesting to see the skeletons and the mummies and the clothes that they were wearing. 

The day after, we started by going to the Johannes Museum with all of these really cool wax medical figures. Afterwards, we went to the Freud museum and had a lecture about him in his house! That night we went to a classical music concert in Anna’s Kirche and I learned that I really like Beethoven. 

On the third day we went to the Natural History museum, and I learned about kiwis, and I think they are my new favorite animal. Afterwards, we got on the train and went to Prague where we spent 1 day seeing all the sights!

All in all, this was a very full week, but it is bittersweet because next week is the last week of the program. 


Until then,

Cassandra 

No comments: